Saturday, January 17, 2009

Juli's Creations

So, in my spare time, when I should be updating my blog- I have been sewing and being crafty.

I have sewn some skirts for Olivia. She hates pants, so this is our only option. She really likes the tan/pink one, but hates the read one! What a poop.
She does love the nightgown I made for her during the Holidays. I spent almost an entire day at my sister, Jamie's house. She helped me through the entire process. I had never made anything with sleeves before! What a fun time and I learned a great skill.



Another thing is kind of scrap booking- but pictures, not pages for a book!
I bought this picture frame at a thrift store about a month ago, not sure what to use it for. I decided to make it into a wall hanging for my mom.
I painted the frame black, and ordered some vinyl lettering (Thanks Erin for Missy's number- Thanks Missy for such a quick turn-around!)- a quote that my mom has had on her fridge for a year- saying that she would love it on her wall. I got some help from Ruth P- (I love you Ruth) and scrapbook papered the background. It turned out awesome! What do you think?

Before

After (the pic isn't the greatest. The quote says: Families- make your memories, determine your future, love you no matter who you are")
TTFN
-Juli

6 comments:

Amy said...

Look at you being crafty. That is a great quote.

Amy said...

Oh I forgot to say they look great!!!

Bob & Dani said...

I really like the "Family" sign you made for your Mom. It looked great on the wall. What an awesome birthday gift!

Sophia C. said...

Juli! I didn't realize that you were so creative! Very nice!

Sophia

Chad and Oléa Gough Family said...

That turned out super cute! Much better than the one you had in the trunk!!

Chad and Oléa Gough Family said...

Also, the skirts are adorable! I LOVE the red one! Ya did good, Girl!